A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bergamotto 1
PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 12:37 pm 

I have paid 50% up front for a property in the Bergamotto 1 development. I paid my 50% in 2007. The contract clearly states that there will be a penalty on the builder if the property is delivered. It was very late!! I am now in dispute with the builder but information is very sketchy to say the least. Anyone have any news on this complex?

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Bergamotto 1
PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 1:30 pm 

I George,
The Bergamotto complex is 99.% complete,
It's looking great!
Sue and I have lived here for 18 months,

these are our details if you want some positive advice,

halemunns@hotmail.com

www.calabriabergamotto.com

0039 327 568 4426

All the best John & Sue

Report this post
PostPosted: April 16th, 2012, 2:32 pm 

Hi there
We spent last week at Bergamotto (our 3rd visit since completing). The site is looking lovely -all looks completed now and is looking well maintained.

Swimming pool is fab - just a tad cold last week (so I am told - I am not that brave!!)

Report this post
PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 10:21 am 

Very very happy with our apartment and the development in general. I have been several times since we completed and am off again next week. Can't wait. Yes, the development completed late but its been worth the wait. When you look at some of the problems people have had with money disappearing,buildings not started etc,we have done well. I don't think all the delays are due to the builder and so I was quite happy to complete when the development was almost finished and as more and more people completed the development has improved greatly. Very Very Happy :D :D :D

Report this post
PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 12:10 pm 

In the last 18 months of living here,
every one that have spoken to us,
agrees with Yorkylad, Chrissie and what we are saying about the Bergamotto complex,

Yorkylad your apartment will be prepared as usual for your arrival next week,
don't forget the black pudding,
Billy Cowie delivered the smoked back bacon, pork sausage, and the Branston baked beans,
so a full English breakfast will be ready the first morning you are here :)

Sorry Geoarge,
I made a mistake on our email address
It should read

halemunns@hotmail.co.uk

Any help or advise you want just contact us,

Regards John & Sue

Report this post
PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 10:17 pm 

George hi
I mentioned that the complex and pool were looking great - what I forgot to say was that the appartments themselves are really lovely too. We are really really pleased with ours and love going to stay there.

Having seen the appts. in various stages of build over the years - the end product is really great - if you've only ever seen the work in progress then it's very difficult to imagine what the finished building looks like...I am so glad we took photos over the 'building' years...it's very difficult to imagine, sitting in our lovely completed appartment, that it would look like it does when we only saw brickwork, concrete and rubble on our first few visits!!!

The build finish is great in terms of bathroom fittings, plasterwork, tiling, floors, doors etc but we also had lots of invaluable help to get our appartment liveable. John Hale (who posted a reply previously), Sue and Enzo helped enormously - with snagging, cleaning, painting, installing a kitchen (beautiful!), fitting bedroom wardrobes, cupboards, drawers and beds, aircon, mosquito screens, getting extra keys cut, etc.

If this sounds like a blatant plug for John and Enzo - I make no apologies - it is indeed a plug. :wink: Without them, we would have expended much time, energy, stress and money, making additional visits to sort things out - it is so useful to have someone on site and with the help of a local tradesman to get things sorted (quickly). It meant that after we legally completed, we were able to sit at home in the UK :oops: , whilst the work was done for us, so that on our first visit we were able to enjoy a finished, furnished appartment and devote much of our break to 'holiday' rather than 'work' stuff.

Can't wait for our next visit - unfortunately not till August (unless some v v cheap flights suddenly become available during half term!!) :lol:

Report this post