A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: COMUNE TAXES UPDATE 2014
PostPosted: October 7th, 2014, 5:02 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi to all property owners,
I have just received this email from the Italian Accountant that deals with my Italian Income Tax Return.
The Italians will not be happy bunnies when they hear about this extra Tax!!
I will be passing by my Comune come next Spring. Hopefully by then they will have sorted out how much the TASI, IMU, TARI I will have to pay them.

Dear All,
A word on TASI, which is the new service tax introduced this year by the Italian government. Just to be clear, this tax is in addition to IMU (property tax), and TARI (refuse tax) and is intended to cover the cost of other services provided by the Comuni. It is payable not only by all property owners, resident or otherwise, but also in part by those renting properties.

The Comuni have been given wide-ranging powers to decide the rate of tax and how it is applied. This means that each Comune should have passed its own resolution - although many still have not - which needs to be examined to see how it applies to the case in question. As at the last count there were over 8000 Comuni in Italy, the work involved in calculating the tax due is substantial and may well outweigh the amount of tax payable.

In these circumstances we thought it correct to write to request your specific confirmation that you wish us to handle this for you - we will then be able to give you an individual quote. The minimum fee will be €60.00, and all fees are subject to iva and 4% obligatory contribution.

If instead you prefer to handle this yourselves, then you should be able to find the information you need on the website of your local Comune or, if you are in Italy, pass by to speak to the Comune directly.