A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 4th, 2015, 6:32 pm 

Just received an email from Barclays Italia - maybe we will get better service from the new owner?
Does anyone know anything about the MedioBanca Corporation and CheBanca?

(Google translation from the original Italian)

"Dear Customer,
as you probably will have had the opportunity to learn from the media, Barclays has recently reached an agreement to sell its retail business in Italy to Mediobanca Group. We write, therefore, to give more details about it.

In recent years Barclays has continued to invest in our country, becoming a solid and growing in the Italian retail market. This was first recognized by our customers, who have confirmed their appreciation, but also by major operators, who have expressed interest in our business.

Following the Group's desire for a gradual exit from the retail business in Continental Europe, declared in the strategic review in May 2014, Barclays has undertaken a process of evaluation of proposals received from different market participants, in order to sell their activities to a counterpart who had a profile and a reputation adequate, and the means and skills to further enhance the work done, and continue to invest in the relationship that our managers have been able to create with customers.

In this context, the Mediobanca Group, one of the most solid and authoritative Italian banking scene, already present in Italy in the retail market with CheBanca !, represented the best solution. In recent weeks the management of Barclays Italy has worked with the other party by drawing a plan of integration that, prior consent of the competent authorities, will lead to the completion of the acquisition of the downstream retail arm of Barclays.

The transaction, which we hope will take place by the end of the second quarter of 2016, will have no immediate impact on his relationship with Barclays as well as in products and services as it is a party. Even in this transitional period will, in fact, our specific task to continue to support it, guaranteeing the same level of service always.

We will keep you informed of any future developments; for any doubt or any questions, please refer to its subsidiary Barclays or its financial promoter of reference.

The occasion will accept our sincere wishes for the upcoming festivals now.

Best regards,

Lorenzo Bassani, Deputy CEO, Barclays PCB Europe Retail Italy"

PostPosted: December 5th, 2015, 10:28 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
hi tuedio,
I received the same email yesterday and assumed that the "Retail" side of their business wouldn't affect me as I have a small mortgage with them and have to pay this through my Barclays current account!

PostPosted: July 9th, 2016, 5:10 pm 

I have just received this letter from Barcalys Italia, the English translation below using scanning, OCR and Google translate. I do not fully understand the translation of the letter. I assume it is related to the sale of Barclays to Mediobanca Corporation and the mortgage I have with Barclays.
Is this letter to inform me that the Insurance Bond is being transferred directly to the insurance company and any claims is to be diected to them?.
I also copy the Italian letter received.
Can anyone confirm the contents of the letter please.

"Copy to:
Helvetia Swiss Insurance Company SA Via Giovanni Battista Cassinis, 21 20139 Milano
Subject: Collective Insurance Fire and Explosion n. 1001 - change notice of the bond

Dear Sir / Madam,
In the quality of the contractor of the Policy Collective 1001 issued by Helvetia dAssicurazioni SA alia which you joined on 23/10/2008, Barclays Bank believes to let you would please to inform you that the waiver of the policy constraints currently conferred by the agreement in question.
For any requests or relative alia His request policies can confirm that will be able to continue to apply directly alia Insurance Company.
We remain at your disposal for any clarification is necessary in relation to the above, and we send you our most cordial greetings.

Milan, 06/14/2016

Lorenzo Bassani Italy Retail CEO & CCO Barclays Bank PLC"

"e in copia a: Spett.le Helvetia Compagnia Svizzera d'Assicurazioni SA Via Giovanni Battista Cassinis, 21 20139 Milano

Oggetto: Polizza collettiva Incendio e Scoppio n. 1001 - comunicazione modifica del vincolo

Gentile Sig./Sig.ra,
in qualita di contraente della Polizza Collettiva 1001 emessa da Helvetia Compagnia dAssicurazioni SA alia quale Lei ha aderito in data 23/10/2008, Barclays Bank ritiene di farLe cosa gradita nel comunicarLe che rinuncia al vincolo di polizza attualmente conferitole dal contratto in oggetto.
Per qualsiasi esigenza o richiesta relativa alia Sua polizze Le confermiamo che potra continuare a rivolgersi direttamente alia Compagnia Assicuratrice.
Rimaniamo a disposizione per qualsiasi chiarimento si renda necessario in relazione a quanto sopra e Le porgiamo i nostri piu cordiali saluti.

Milano, 14/06/2016
Lorenzo Bassani Italy Retail CEO & CCO Barclays Bank PLC"

PostPosted: July 11th, 2016, 10:48 am 

Italian Banks are due for a "bail out" or "bust" soon aren't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36708357

PostPosted: July 11th, 2016, 2:59 pm 

Things do look bad for Italian banks according to thr press but I cannot see them going bust as it will mean another euro crisis so they will be bailed out by the EMF. With the state of Italian banks I wonder if the sale of Barclays to Mediobanca corporation will go ahead?

PostPosted: July 12th, 2016, 1:58 pm 

davidnam wrote:
Things do look bad for Italian banks according to thr press but I cannot see them going bust as it will mean another euro crisis so they will be bailed out by the EMF. With the state of Italian banks I wonder if the sale of Barclays to Mediobanca corporation will go ahead?

no problem - Baeclays mortgages do not exist more in Italy - The only working are 3/4 bank agencies in Milan and rome - to cellect savings , ONLY , from barclays Premier , customer - = minuimum 100.000-euro deposit ! :roll:

If you go to any of this agencies, they offer to you a Che-Banca mortgages , only via ONLINE service - ONLY TO ITALIAN CITIZENS -

Barclays make Italexit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 10:32 am 

Italian banking disaster is just around the corner!

http://uk.businessinsider.com/guardian- ... sis-2016-7

http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/finance ... ro-crisis/

PostPosted: July 29th, 2016, 12:20 pm 

bellesanchez51 wrote:

this do not change the situation , non more mortgages in italy from Barclays !

Sir, in this topic we talk about mortgages and banks, the fact that there are banking disasters in Italy as well as elsewhere, is under the eye of everyone, and post here link in which it is stressed that Dick did pranks like dude , only serves to demonstrate the inadequacy of those who copy these links.
I work in the field of mortgages for over 18 years, particularly (750) in mortgages to non-Italians who buy real estate in Italy - Over the years, I've seen some banks abandon the Italian market, the market each time has provided the viable substitutes.
Now it's time for Barclays, I'm sorry, with this bank I worked with profitable and mutual interest. However, I have to take note that this is the situation, and seek valid remedies –

You resign, The sterile polemics never bring positive results.

an ancient Chinese proverb

> If the finger points to the moon, the fool looks at the finger. >

does not behave like a Chinese

PostPosted: August 1st, 2016, 8:46 pm 

I've just looked into my Barclays Italy account and read this.

Lorica

Close Temporary suspension of servizo
Dear customer, in connection with the completion of the agreement for the sale of Barclays retail business in Italy in Chebanca! and planned migration activities, we point out that the HB service will not be available for the execution of the provisions starting at 22:30 on Thursday, August 25 and for the consultations in the days of Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 August.
We also inform you, that as of August 29, 2016, the Home Banking service will be accessible under the new procedures indicated in the section frequently asked questions on the site barclays.it

PostPosted: August 1st, 2016, 9:18 pm 

lorica wrote:

Lorica

Dear customer, in connection with the completion of the agreement for the sale of Barclays retail business in Italy in Chebanca! and planned migration activities, we point out that the HB service will not be available for the execution of the provisions starting at 22:30 on Thursday, August 25 and for the consultations in the days of Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 August.
We also inform you, that as of August 29, 2016, the Home Banking service will be accessible under the new procedures indicated in the section frequently asked questions on the site barclays.it

Lorica

I do not think there is to worry, these are normal procedures of the software update that manages the online bank accounts of bank customers

It will be enough to go to the indicated page to find the new procedures to access electronically to your bank account.

Barclays, independently of market choices, which made for the Italian mortgage market, remains one of the world's largest banks, and certainly not put in place procedures for illegal possession of the money of their clients.

Post subject: Barclays Mortgage
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2016, 4:15 pm 

I have just been reviewing my mortgage account and have printed off the letters for further scrutiny. Can someone tell me in plain English, whether I will be able to access my account as usual and my mortgage be paid as usual after this change or will the whole site shut down and I have to go and search out my information from some other site. Minefield for me!
Will we lose the english site too )-: from Barclays which made things very easy for me!

Post subject: Re: Barclays Mortgage
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2016, 4:27 pm 

gipsee5 wrote:
I have just been reviewing my mortgage account and have printed off the letters for further scrutiny. Can someone tell me in plain English, whether I will be able to access my account as usual and my mortgage be paid as usual after this change or will the whole site shut down and I have to go and search out my information from some other site. Minefield for me!
Will we lose the english site too )-: from Barclays which made things very easy for me!

surely something will change, but the barclays agent who sold you the mortgage, will be available to help you, or ask for help to the client service - if you really barclays closes mortgage assistance service, maybe you will need to start thinking about switching banks...

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2016, 5:09 pm 

What I have gathered from various sources is that only the Retail Banking side of Barclays is being hived off.
The mortgages will stay with Barclays but I am not sure whether our current accounts will stay with Barclays where my monthly interest is taken out by Direct Debit as is my Enel and Wical bills are as well.
No doubt we will be informed in the next few months.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2016, 5:30 pm 

to have this VERY secret information, just go here> https://www.barclays.it/Privati.aspx

click on botton right on

> MUTUI - to discover that barclays mortgage in italy don't exist more

> Conti Correnti > to discover that new bank accounts are ONLY Premier
( 5000 euro mothly deposit - or 100.000- euro - midium monthly available existance - )

no comment .....

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 6:31 pm 

I have just received a sheaf of papers from Barclays and Mediobanca / CheBancal dated 15 th July.
Once I have had time to translate them I will report back.
The 27th August is mentioned which maybe the date they are taking over my account.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 6:43 pm 

davidnam wrote:
I have just received a sheaf of papers from Barclays and Mediobanca / CheBancal dated 15 th July.
Once I have had time to translate them I will report back.
The 27th August is mentioned which maybe the date they are taking over my account.

You want to say that B. also gives all current accounts to Mediobanca ?

Of course, this would be in line with the fact that B. wants to have in Italy,
only bank accounts <Premier>, which the bank will make an active interest -

Now you will need to see The costs that Mediobanca will ask the client Barclays, to see if maybe it's inconvenient to emigrate to a bank that offers a current account to Zero Charges

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 10:28 pm 

Lorica, you appear to be a step ahead of me as I cannot find any mention of the closure of the HB in my Barclays account. Did you manage to find the frequently asked questions section as I can't find that either.

I have received the sheaf of documents today, so hopefully things will be clear once I have google translated them. In the meantime, does anyone know yet if Direct debits from and money transfers set up to Barclays accounts will automatically migrate or will we need to cancel existing payments in and start afresh with the new IBAN and ditto will we need to apply or get issued with new bancomat cards?
lorica wrote:

I sense going to Italy early September is going to be interesting!

Alfran

Lorica

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2016, 11:56 pm 

This is the Google Translation of the Barclays letter I have received. The Mediobanca / CheBancal letter translation to follow.

Barclays 15 July 2016-08-03
Finalization of the sale to CheBanca
Dear customer, as already mentioned in the notice sent on 14 December to the middle point, at the end of 2015, and reached a related agreement alia the sale of part of Barclays retail business in Italy, including Delta network of branches and financial consultants, CheBanca! the retail bank Mediobanca Group.
After several months of work between the parties, and after obtaining the necessary authorizations from the competent Authorities, we are pleased to inform you that this sale will be completed in the evening of August 26, 2016.
Cid means that all reports she signed with Barclays will be sold to CheBanca !, which will become its new reference Bank for the management of its banking and financial services as well as of its investments.
We confirm here and now that the branch staff, the COSL financial advisers such as customer service will be at your disposal for more information about this assignment, supporting it - even at this stage of transition - in daily operations, with purpose to get to assure the level of service ever.
Below you will find important notes concerning the applicable regulations, the supervisory regime and the protection scheme for deposits and investments that will apply to her products and services subscribed.
Customer Service
We remind you that, until at the date of 26 August 2016, the Barclays customer service remains at your disposal from Monday to Friday - from 8:00 to 19:00 - at the following references:
• from a landline toll free: 800 205 205 • by phone number: +39 02 541 199 • Number from abroad: +39 02 40378205 • Fax: +39 02 54152512 • Email: clientservice@barclays.it
As of August 29, 2016, we invite you, however, to turn to new contacts CheBanca! reported in a letter signed CheBanca! that follows the present.
On the internet barclays.it and chebanca.it potra sites also consult a FAQ document with answers to the most recurring operational questions.
We also inform you, that as of August 29, 2016, all the details on products and services offered as well as all the information sheets will be directly available through the website chebanca.it.
Thanking you for your attention, please accept our most cordial greetings.
Lorenzo Bassani Italy Retail CEO & CCO Barclays Bank PLC

Important legal notice
With effect from 27 August 2016, the reports specified in paragraph 2 of the letter attached to CheBanca signature! They will be sold by Barclays Bank PLC in CheBanca! S.p.A. as part of a sale of a business unit, under deH'art. 58 of Legislative Decree no. 385/93 Consolidated Banking.
By the transaction, the supervisory regime applicable to today's reports and services subject to disposal will suffer some changes, as indicated below.
Barclays Bank PLC pays, in fact, operating in Italy in the quality of community bank branch authorized by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject alia regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Authority of the United Kingdom Supervisory Authority). The Bank of Italy also monitors for the matters attributed to it.
Due to the sale, the reports specified in paragraph 2 of the letter attached to CheBanca signature! They will then be transferred to CheBanca! S.p.A. CheBanca! S.p.A. and a bank authorized in Italy to carry out banking and other things the provision of investment services and subject alia supervision, each as regards matters within its competence, the Bank of Italy, the Commissione Nazionale per le Societa e la Borsa (CONSOB ) and the Institute for the Supervision of Insurance (IVASS) relative to the activity of insurance intermediary.
The sale of the relationships in an Italian bank will imply the change also of the deposit protection scheme, now applicable to current accounts and deposits of customers of the Italian branch of Barclays Bank PLC.
As indicated in the commissioning transparent documentation of Barclays customers, up on the date of transfer, the protection scheme for deposits and customers' investments in the event of insolvency of the bank and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS UK offshoot ). The scheme in question provides, in case of insolvency of the bank or the impossibility of the same to meet its commitments, to each client: (i) a maximum coverage of 75,000 pounds (I'equivalente of about 90,000 euro, the exchange rate of 1 July 2016) for deposits in the current account; and (ii) upon the occurrence of certain eligibility criteria, also a protection for investments amounting to 50,000 pounds (I'equivalente of about 60,000 euro, the exchange rate on 1 July 2016).
In addition, the amount of bank deposits up to 75,000 pounds held by the Italian branch of Barclays Bank and protected dall'FSCS, are expressly excluded from bail-in as well as governed by Italian standards recently issued.
With the sale of the relationships in CheBanca !, the deposit guarantee schemes and investor compensation should be governed by the Italian banks that is, respectively, the Interbank Fund for Deposit Protection and Nazionaie Guarantee Fund which CheBanca! It adheres.

II Interbank Fund for Deposit Protection intervenes in cases of compulsory administrative liquidation and the extraordinary Delta bank administration, protecting each depositor up to the total amount of 100,000 Euros (subject to specific cases where this limit does not apply) for credit institution such credits relative to the funds acquired by banks with the obligation to return, in euro and in foreign currency, in the form of deposits or in other forms as well as bankers' drafts and equivalent securities to them. The situations excluded from such protection are given aH'art. 30 of the Interbank Fund Statute, available aH'indirizzo fitd.it. They are expressly excluded from bail-in bank deposits amount to 100,000 Euros.
II National Guarantee Fund intervenes in cases of compulsory administrative liquidation, insolvency or the bank's creditors, compensating investors, upon the occurrence of certain conditions of eligibility, airimporto up to 20,000 euro, for claims arising from the provision of investment services and ancillary service of safekeeping and administration of financial instruments. Those excluded from compensation are indicated aH'articolo 28 of the Statute of the same Fund, available at fondonazionaledigaranzia.it.
Referring only to customers who have with the bank also investment services, we inform you that, with the sale of a business, not FCA rules will be more applicable Client Money rules and FSA Client Assets Sourcebook issued by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and applicable to the services provided by the Italian branch of Barclays in the quality of British bank subjected alia supervision of that authority. Consequently, all the rules relating alia aforesaid regulation and contained in the contract as well as those from time to time disclosed alia customers in time by Barclays, will have to be understood as no longer applicable from the date of the sale took place. From that date, the detention of monies and financial instruments in the performance of investment services will be governed exclusively by Italian law rules for CheBanca! and, in particular, by the Consolidated Finance Act and the regulations of Consob Intermedial.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 1:29 pm 

These are the first 4 pages received from Mediobanca / CheBancal.
I will send the other 7 translated pages in two batches later when I have Google Translated them.
Please note that there are the occasional words and parts of a sentence which couldn't be translated by my OCR / conversion software as it is not specific for translating into the Italian language, but the gist of the communication can be understood.

CheBancal
Medobanca Group
The Human Digital Bank

Welcome to the group

CHEBANCAl, MEDIOBANCA THE GROUP, ONE OF REALITY WITH THE CONTENTS OF STRENGTH BETWEEN THE MOST HIGH MARKET, Tl WELCOMES THE STRENGTH INDEX: 12.5% *

Completion of the agreement of sale to CheBanca !: major news since August 27, 2016.

* II Common Equity Tier 1 and 12.5% (as at March 2016 referred to the Mediobanca Banking Group). This indicator assesses the asset soundness of a bank by relating mainly ordinary paid-up capital with the activities risk-weighted.

INTRODUCTION
Completion of the agreement of sale to CheBanca!
1. TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF SERVICES
2. WHAT CHANGES
3. NEW CONTACTS CheBanca!
4. LEGAL

Dear Customer,
We are pleased to give our welcome in CheBanca !, the retail bank Mediobanca Group. And it is precisely at a time when our story begins with that we want to seize the occasion to tell our own.

In 2008, Mediobanca, one of Banking Groups with one of the most high rates of market solidity *, has created an innovative project with purpose to get the bank to make available to all its deep market knowledge, excellence and the quality of facilities: born so CheBanca !.

The core values of independence, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are at the base of our corporate culture and are shared by the entire Group, which has developed a unique reputation in Italy and prominent in the principal! European markets. CheBanca! It is an idea of the new bank and evolved, born and designed to be contemporary.
Since the inception of our product and service model we had a single goal: to simplify the lives of our customers through made innovation, multiplying the opportunity and reducing costs. We are a multi-channel bank that integrates home banking, customer care, app, social networks and branches: and thanks to this work that today our customers' satisfaction index and among the highest in the market. We are very happy today to welcome her into our reality: we will put at its disposal all our efforts and our determination to fomire more and more concrete answers, innovative and focused on their needs.
On the site www.chebanca.it potra discover all the details of our offer and will enable us to manage the switch to CheBanca !.

For this first phase may continue to carry out its banking operations as it has done alia, addressing his former reference Branch Barclays, its financial adviser and / or Customer Service. No change will occur in the relationship with his manager and / or his financial adviser who they can go to any questions or requests. The Home Banking and Mobile Banking services will be altresi guaranteed according to the procedures described respectively in points 2.6 and 2.7 of this Communication.

At a later stage, however, potra operate in all branches CheBanca! in the territory. It takes great care to keep it up to date on the evolution OPERATIONS!

In the meantime, we invite you to carefully read the section "WHAT CHANGES" below. Will find the main news that are the result of this transition as its new IBAN number, the new phone numbers etc.

See you soon
Team CheBanca!

P1

TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF SERVICES

We inform you that in the days immediately preceding the migration weekend, scheduled for 27 and 28 August, the usual availability of in-branch services could not be guaranteed. In particular, we note that it will not possible to transfer provisions Estero starting at 13:30 on Wednesday 24 August and Italian transfer provisions in the day on Friday August 26. We encourage you to turn to its referents for a possible planning of its operability.

The also we point out, that all telematic services Barclays (Home Banking, Mobile Banking, Phone Banking) will not be accessible for exercising of provisions, starting at 22:30 on Thursday 25 August, and for consultations on Saturday 27 and Sunday, August 28th.
Finally, from 17:00 on Thursday 25 August, Barclays cash machines (ATMs) will no longer be active. Potra still continue to take free at ATMs of all other banking institutions.

From Monday, August 29, all services will be back in the mode described accessible inside the section "WHAT CHANGES" which is below.

P2

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:30 pm 

Having problems with sending too may pages due to only 2 url's allowed when submitting.
Here are the next 2 pages of Chebanca's communication.

WHAT CHANGES

As from August 27, 2016, all reports she signed with Barclays will be transferred to CheBanca !, which will become its main bank for the management of banking and financial services as well as of its investments. In this regard, please note that the terms and conditions of the relationship as it is a party as well as the banking powers currently in place in the Barclays will be retained even after switching to CheBanca !.

2.1 CURRENT ACCOUNT
Due to the sale code IBAN's / his / your relationship / will change the account as follows:

Current account IBAN until August 26 IT69E03051016930000XXXXXXXX
New IBAN from 27 August IT74Y03643016930000XXXXXXXX

In order to enjoy without interruption of services related to the account, we recommend that you promptly notify the new IBAN code on payers who routinely have credits in his favour (eg. Employer, clients, etc.) to avoid possible disruptions.

In any case, until 31 March 2017, any incoming SEPA credit transfer provisions made using the old IBAN will be automatically re-routed on new coordinates.

The recurring transfer provisions in output will continue to operate without interruption, thus ensuring deadlines, amounts and beneficiaries of the transfer.

For urgent incoming transfers as well as for international money transfers coming will instead need to use straight away the new IBAN. In case of failure to use the new IBAN as of August 27, 2016, these types of transactions will, in fact, rejected. The originator of the transfer must, therefore, perform operation again using the new bank details. For international bank transfers, the new IBAN will have to also be used in conjunction with the new reference BIC (MICSITM2).

All direct debit services in current account (eg. Charge credit and debit cards, any installments on the loans, bills, utilities, etc.) will continue to function without interruption.

P3

2.2 CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS

Credit and debit cards in your possession will continue to be valid until their natural maturity and may be used, taking advantage of daily and monthly usage limits in place. II PIN code both cards, debit and credit, as well as the delta her credit card number and its Secure Code will not change.

2.3 CHEQUES

The check book may have in his possession, although with Barclays brand, will continue to be valid after switching to CheBanca !. Once completed, the new carnet checks with logo CheBanca! They can be obtained from its membership Branch.

2.4 DOSSIER SECURITIES

If you have a securities portfolio, the report that all financial instruments deposited so as to predominantly financial content insurance products underwritten, will be transferred to CheBanca !, which will take over neiramministrazione and negotiation of the same. Nothing, however, will change with regard to: operational mode, contractual and economic conditions applied and the relationship with their manager or reference Financial Consultant.

2.5 OTHER PRODUCTS

If you have savings accounts, time deposits and / or other types of products, these reports will go to CheBanca! with the same conditions, operating mode and management.

2.6 HOME BANKING

As of August 29, 2016, potra access her home banking through www.chebanca.it site. II user code will be the same except for the first 5 digits that make it up, which will become 03643 instead of 03051. Password and token will remain valid.

Set within the new section home banking will be possible to consult the history of the submissions received as well as all the recorded movements, with only exception of the receipts of the payment of the RAI fee. We encourage you to file and / or print these receipts before switching to CheBanca !. As of the date shown to the "PRIVATE CUSTOMERS AREA" on the www.barclays.it site will no longer accessible.

P4.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:36 pm 

The next page 5

2.7 MOBILE BANKING

From 29 August 2016, please download the new App CheBanca! called "Yellowllp", available free of charge directly on the AppStore or GooglePlay, that will allow to re-activate the mobile banking service. II user code will be the same except for the first 5 digits that make up that will become 03643 instead of 03051. Password and token will remain valid.

The new sections Home and Mobile Banking to ensure the Possibility to take advantage of the same functionality currently provided and will maintain the same devices ceilings set earlier.

2.8 PHONE BANKING

Also from August 29, 2016, will change the Phone Banking phone number, which will be accessible through the Customer Service CheBanca !, which will find the contact details in section 3. The ID numbers will remain unchanged.

2.9 MORTGAGE

If you have a mortgage with Barclays, this funding will be transferred to CheBanca !. Access to the new online banking through the site http://www.chebanca.it and allow you to view at any time the situation of its financing.

2:10 PREMIER CLUB

If you and a member of the Premier Club, we inform you that from September 12, 2016, the name will change program and website preserving its characteristics of exclusive club.
Alia page http://www.premierclub.chebanca.it, potra learn about promotions and exclusive events to her confidential within the new CheBanca! Premier Club. The credentials of access will remain the same but the old program, the first access after the date of 12 September 2016, you will be asked to enter a new password to ensure his safety.
Please also be aware that in the period of time that will elapse between 29 August 2016 and 12 September 2016 the barclayspremierclub.com site will no longer accessible.
All bookings to events and initiatives, carried out on the site Barclays Premier Club before August 29, 2016, they will remain guaranteed.

P5

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:41 pm 

Page 6

NEW CONTACTS CheBanca!

For more information and / or to any request you may contact her alia Reference Branch, its financial adviser and / or customer service team which, as of August 29, 2016, will have new addresses.

3.1 BRANCH

Branch Personal Phone Number: 800 184 994 or +39 02 32 00 41 61 from abroad (excl. Operated by customers Financial Consultant, which we refer to par. 3.3) Fax: 02 32 00 78 93 or 02 32 00 78 94 Email : filialepersonal@chebanca.it

3.2 CUSTOMER SERVICE

Green by phone or mobile number: 800 18 49 94 from abroad Number: +39 02 32004161 Hours: 8:00 to 19:00 (Monday-Friday) Fax: +39 02 32007891 Email: clientservice@chebanca.it

3.3 FINANCIAL ADVISER

If instead she and a customer assisted by a Financial Adviser, may contact us by phone, the usual contact details, its referent, which will provide to directly communicate your new address reference email.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:43 pm 

Last paragraph of page 6 and Page 7

3.4 COMPLAINTS

Email: reclami@chebanca.it Complaints by PEC: reclami.chebanca@legalmail.it

P6

LEGAL NOTICES

As from 27 August 2016, the reports mentioned in point 2 will be sold by Barclays Bank PLC in CheBanca! S.p.A. as part of a sale of a business unit, pursuant to art. 58 of Legislative Decree no. 385/93 Consolidated Banking.

Please also be advised that with effect from 27 August 2016 or in conjunction with the transaction of sale of a business, CheBanca! S.p.A. will become owner of the personal data, pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 196/03 (Privacy Code).
To this end CheBanca! S.p.A. It will provide the necessary information pursuant to article 13 Privacy Code, either by publication in the Official Gazette, and through communication alia the earliest opportunity. Barclays Bank PLC, during the following period, until no later than 30 June 2017, will continue to carry out operational activities and support on behalf of CheBanca! S.p.A. and, therefore, it will continue to process personal data in the quality of the processing pursuant to article. 29 Privacy Code.

Due to the sale, the applicable today alia bank supervisory regime and the services provided by this will suffer some changes, as indicated below.

Barclays Bank PLC pays, in fact, operating in Italy in the quality of community bank branch authorized by the Prudential Regulation Authority and subject alia regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Authority of the United Kingdom Supervisory Authority). The Bank of Italy also monitors for the matters attributed to it. Due to the sale, the reports mentioned in point 2 will then be transferred to CheBanca! SpA, authorized in Italy to carry out banking and other things the provision of investment services and subject alia supervision, each as regards matters within its competence, of the Bank of Italy, the Commissione Nazionale per le Societa e la Borsa (CONSOB) and the Institute for the Supervision of Insurance (IVASS) relative to the activity of insurance intermediary. The sale of the relationships in an Italian bank will imply the change also of the deposit protection scheme, now applicable to current accounts and deposits of customers of the Italian branch of Barclays Bank PLC. As indicated in the commissioning transparent documentation of Barclays customers, up on the date of transfer, the protection scheme for deposits and customers' investments in the event of insolvency of the bank and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS UK offshoot ).

P7

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 6:56 pm 

that's life,

however,

they have sold, their customers, without even consulting them

this thing happened at the time of the slaves

Receiving this,
by a bank that was born in the oldest republic in history.

It is not that "sounds" as beautiful ....

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 9:43 pm 

Page 8 of communication

The scheme in question provides, in case of insolvency of the bank or the impossibility of the same to meet its commitments, to each client: (i) a maximum coverage of 75,000 pounds (the equivalent of about 90,000 euro, the exchange rate of 1 July 2016) for deposits in the current account; and (ii) upon the occurrence of certain eligibility criteria, including protection for investments of 50,000 pounds (the equivalent of about 60,000 euro, the exchange rate on 1 July 2016). In addition, the amount of bank deposits up to 75,000 pounds held by the Italian branch of Barclays Bank protected by FSCS, are expressly excluded from bail-in as well as governed by Italian standards recently issued.

With the sale of the relationships in CheBanca !, the deposit guarantee schemes and investor compensation should be governed, respectively, by the Interbank Deposit Protection Fund and the National Guarantee Fund which CheBanca! It adheres.

We remind you that within the period of three months from receipt of this notice can withdraw or transfer its deposits with another credit institution without incurring any penalty, retaining the right to all accrued interest and benefits, to the extent that her alia deposits date of August 27, 2016 exceed the amount of 100,000 Euros.

II Interbank Fund for Deposit Protection

intervenes in cases of compulsory administrative liquidation and extraordinary administration of the bank, protecting each depositor up to the total amount of 100,000 Euros (subject to specific cases where this limit does not apply) for credit institution, for claims relating to the funds acquired by the banks obligation to return, in euro and in foreign currency, in the form of deposits or in other forms as well as bankers' drafts and equivalent securities to them. The situations excluded from that protection are mentioned in Article. 30 of the Statute of the Interbank Fund, available at www.fitd.it.
They are expressly excluded from bail-in bank deposits amount to 100,000 Euros.

II National Guarantee Fund
intervenes in cases of compulsory administrative liquidation, insolvency or the bank's creditors, compensating investors, upon the occurrence of certain eligibility requirements, up to the amount of 20,000 Euros, for claims arising from the provision of investment services and the ancillary service of safekeeping and administration of financial instruments. The subjects are excluded from compensation in Article 28 of the same Fund Statute, available at fondonazionaledigaranzia.it.

P8

PostPosted: August 4th, 2016, 9:54 pm 

This is the final Page 9 of the CheBanca communication. Hope it has helped.

Referring only to customers who have with the bank also investment services, we inform you that, with the sale of a business, not FCA rules will be more applicable Client Money rules and FSA Client Assets Sourcebook issued by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and applicable to the services provided by the Italian branch of Barclays in the quality of British bank subjected alia supervision of that authority. Consequently, all the rules relating alia aforesaid regulation and contained in the contract as well as those from time to time disclosed alia customers, should be understood as no longer applicable from the date of the sale took place. From that date, the detention of monies and financial instruments in the performance of investment services will be governed exclusively by Italian law rules for CheBanca! and, in particular, by the Consolidated Finance Act and the Intermediaries of the Consob Regulation.

For more information on the Barclays Retail business sale to CheBanca !, for any doubt or have any questions, can contact alia its Reference Branch, its financial adviser and / or Customer Service.

As of August 29, 2016, we invite you, however, to turn to new contacts CheBanca! reported in Section 3.

On the internet and http://www.barclays.it http://www.chebanca.it potra sites also consult a FAQ document with answers to the most recurring operational questions.

We also inform you, that as of August 29, 2016, all the details about the products and services offered as well as all the information sheets will be directly available through the website chebanca.it.

P9

The good news is that all our personal details, Direct Debits, our mortgages and payments etc. will be migrated to our new CheBanca accounts. Our new BIC and IBAN have been given, and for Home Banking although the username has been changed the password remains the same.
Let's hope that everything goes ahead without any hitches.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 7:24 pm 

Thanks David for translating and post all those pages. Like you I have a Barclay's mortgage so I think the above means that no action is required in relation to it. We have a new IBAN number so need to let ENEL etc know about it.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2016, 10:12 pm 

Hi Evie,
I only have Enel and Wical to inform about my new BIC and IBAN.
Couldn't see anything on the CheBanca website to convert it to English so may have to use Google Chrome and try to translate each page. I just hope they have English speakers on their customer services when I contact them.
I couldn't see an address for CheBanca which some European banks require when sending funds to my account. Something else I'll have to ask them about next week.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2016, 7:18 am 

hm ... as for my information - Che banca - do not work with Not Italian Mortgages -

some word , on the website are in english

but i don't find ant english page :(

web site map > https://www.chebanca.it/wps/wcm/connect ... mappa-sito

NOTE , on the Che-Banca website , i find this page > https://www.chebanca.it/wps/wcm/connect ... i_barclays

helping for Ex-Barclays clients - but , in Italian Language , ONLY

PostPosted: August 9th, 2016, 1:49 pm 

I contacted CheBanca on +39 02 3200 4141 but couldn't get to speak to an English speaking person. Not surprising really as it is an Italian Bank. I did manage to get an email address which I hope is correct as I am going to ask them some queries that I have now that they are taking over Barclays accounts. The email address I was given is info@chebanca.it
I have also just contacted ENEL Customer Services on +39 02 3017 2011 to inform them of our new BIC and IBAN.
After some time I managed to get hold of an excellent English speaking person who appeared to be competent. When giving my IBAN she said that their system would not accept payment from CheBanca with the IBAN I gave them.
I hope that this is only because the final change over is not until the 27th August. I was advised to try again after this date. They do not have an email address to receive correspondence.
If anyone has internet access via WICAL like myself I contacted them regarding my bank details and they sent me by email a new Direct Debit Mandate to fill in and to return to them as an attachment.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2016, 9:59 pm 

David, thanks for translating these documents which has just saved a huge amount of time.

My only concern with the process is that the current IBAN IT69E03051016930000 being quoted by CheBanca bears no resemblance to my actual IBAN which is It88P03051016180000 according to my online account.

I have emailed both Barclays and CheBanca to ascertain if the IT69 is a temporary IBAN bring created just for the transition or if this is a potential problem.

Does anybody else have an IBAN with Barclays which is not IT69E03051016930000?

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 12:27 am 

Hi Alfran,
It would appear that you have received your sheaf of papers from Barclays and CheBanca.
In the paperwork I received under Conto Corrente (Bank account) they quoted correctly my last 11 digits of my Barclays account.
Under IBAN fino al 28 agosta they quoted the whole of my 27 character current Barclays IBAN.
Under IBAN dal 27 agosta my new Chebanca 27 character IBAN.

The Italian 27 character IBAN is made up as follows as ITkk xbbb bbss sssc cccc cccc ccc
Where
x = Check char (CIN)
b = National bank code (Associazione Bancaria Italiana or Codice ABI )
s = Branch code (it:Coordinate bancarie or CAB – Codice d'Avviamento Bancario)
c = Account number
The kk after the two-character ISO country code represents the check digits calculated from the rest of the IBAN characters.

I am aware that a variety of Barclays Branches are used by holiday home owners. After looking at how the IBAN is made up I can only assume that CheBanca are going to migrate all Barclays Retail customers to the same branch.

Please let us know what response you have from Barclays and Chebanca.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 12:35 am 

the exactly Barclays codes , are

Iban code > IT 69 J 03061 01600 000000000 999
BIC code > BARCITMMBKO

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 5:43 pm 

:oops: red face all round.
Firstly David, thanks for breaking down and explains what constitutes the IBAN.

However, apology time to CheBanca; if I had read my documents rather than your translation, I would have noticed that actually they have got my IBAN correct, so I will slip quietly under a rock.

I assume we are allocated different branches as my new IBAN is different to your one.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2016, 6:44 pm 

Hi Alfran,
You do have a different IBAN to mine because you have a different Barclays branch to mine.
As you have said since your Chebanca IBAN is different to mine CheBanca will be allocating the Barclay accounts to different branches they have throughout Italy.
I still need to contact Barclays and Chebanca regarding our mortgsge as they haven't let us know anything to date about the Mortgage a/c number we have with Barclays whether it will remain or new one issued. I believe the terms of our mortgage contracts will at least stay the same.
We won't really know until after the 27th August whether we can access Home Banking and all the the facilities that we had with Barclays on their Home Banking website.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 12:40 am 

:D I am sure it was an oversight, but you forgot to publish your pins ! :D
Grumpy

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 9:40 am 

Hi Grumpy,
Ha Ha !! Very funny.
Long time no see.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 9:45 am 

David , i don't see the problem , give to Grumpy , coordinates to pay your's mortgage

PostPosted: August 11th, 2016, 8:57 pm 

Does anyone have a CheBanca BIC code of MICSITM2? When I tried to update my Moneycorp account recipient list, it says invalid BIC. Presumably it's nothing to do with the August 27th date.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 9:18 am 

Hi Evie,
Yes I have the same BIC.
I believe it is that our accounts with Chebanca don't start until the 27th.
I sent my details to Enel who said that they didn't recognise the IBAN.
FYI
Swift Code is a standard format of Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) and it is unique identification code for a particular bank. These codes are used when transferring money between banks, particularly for international wire transfers. Banks also used the codes for exchanging other messages between them.

The Swift code consists of 8 or 11 characters. When 8-digits code is given, it refers to the primary office. The code formatted as below;

AAAA BB CC DDD

First 4 characters - bank code (only letters)
Next 2 characters - ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code (only letters)
Next 2 characters - location code (letters and digits) (passive participant will have "1" in the second character)
Last 3 characters - branch code, optional ('XXX' for primary office) (letters and digits)

Currently, there are over 40,000 “live” Swift codes. The "live" codes are for the partners who are actively connected to the Swift network. On top of that, there are more than 50,000 additional codes, which are used for manual transactions. These additional codes are for the passive participants.

The registrations of Swift Codes are handled by Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (“SWIFT”) and their headquarters is located in La Hulpe, Belgium. SWIFT is the registered trademarks of S.W.I.F.T. SCRL with a registered address at Avenue Adèle 1, B-1310 La Hulpe, Belgium.

I haven't had a chance to check the full list whether the BIC code you and I have is on the 'valid' list but will check later or you coud go to https://www.theswiftcodes.com/italy/page/9/

PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 12:55 pm 

David - read to this link > https://www.barclays.it/faq_cessione_cb.aspx

Trasferimento rapporti

In caso di trasferimento del mio conto corrente a CheBanca!, il codice IBAN associato al conto corrente cambierà?
Sì, per effetto della cessione a CheBanca!, il codice IBAN del suo conto corrente cambierà con la sostituzione di alcuni caratteri che corrispondono al nuovo codice ABI di CheBanca! (da 03051 a 03643)

Per i dettagli relativi al suo nuovo IBAN, faccia riferimento alla comunicazione inviata a mezzo lettera in data 15 Luglio 2016 a tutti i clienti.

I servizi di addebito e accredito diretto in conto corrente continueranno a funzionare senza interruzione?

Tutti i servizi di addebito diretto sul conto (a titolo esemplificativo: carte di credito, bancomat, eventuali domiciliazioni in essere quali luce, gas, pay tv, rate mutuo, rate prestito personale, etc) continueranno a funzionare senza interruzione, così come le domiciliazioni effettuate attraverso il modello Seda.

Le raccomandiamo invece di comunicare tempestivamente il nuovo codice IBAN agli ordinanti che abitualmente dispongono accrediti in suo favore (es. datore di lavoro, clienti, affittuari, etc.).

Casi specifici:

- accrediti nazionali effettuati utilizzando il vecchio IBAN: fino al 31 Marzo 2017 saranno automaticamente re-indirizzati sulle nuove coordinate, senza applicazione di alcun costo per il servizio.

- bonifici internazionali in arrivo: sarà necessario utilizzare sin da subito il nuovo IBAN. In caso di mancato utilizzo del nuovo IBAN a partire dal 27 Agosto 2016, la transazione sarà, infatti, respinta.

- accrediti da INPS: fino al 31 marzo 2017 è previsto un servizio di re-indirizzamento automatico sulle nuove coordinate che consentirà i regolari accrediti provenienti dall'INPS.

eccetera !

PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 12:59 pm 

MORE > AT CHE BANCA WEBSITE

https://www.chebanca.it/wps/wcm/connect ... i_barclays

Particularly

Cosa devo fare per tutte le disposizioni di pagamento che oggi sono agganciate al mio conto corrente?
Operatività e disposizioni agganciante al tuo conto rimarranno valide e attive.

CheBanca! si occuperà di eseguire tutte le modifiche necessarie. Pensiamo a tutto noi!

Per i bonifici in ingresso urgenti così come per i bonifici internazionali in arrivo ti informiamo che è invece necessario comunicare il nuovo IBAN (più il codice BIC "MICSITM2" ) alle controparti .

PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 7:18 pm 

Hi Evie,
Couldn;'t find Chebanca on the current banks in Italy but found Mediobanka. It is obviously not valid until te 27th same as the IBAN's.
Hi lifeinitaly,
Thanks for he postings you made which are some of the communications we already had from Barclays and Chebanca.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 1:42 am 

David ,

to find a bank in italy

Go to > https://infostat.bancaditalia.it/giava- ... uiry.html#

Click on < Intermediari/albi >

On Denominazione , write exactly < CheBanca>

Bottom right click on <cerca>

Appear CHEBANCA SPA!

Click on it

Now you are in the CheBanca page

From this page you can have

At last bottom line < Altre Informazioni dell’Intermediario>

1> Guppo intermediari > go to Mediobanca group
2> Succursali dell’intermediario, click here to have Italian agencies List

ATTENTION > go-back button DONT WORK on this database :(

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 1:54 am 

BIC AND IBAN CODES

BIC code list > http://www.cerca-bic.info/cerca-bic.php

IBAN code Checking > http://www.cerca-bic.info/verifica-iban.php?country=xx

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 1:11 pm 

Thanks for the translation.

"All direct debit services in current account (eg. Charge credit and debit cards, any installments on the loans, bills, utilities, etc.) will continue to function without interruption."

So I assume that we don't need to advise any direct debit payments to Enel etc of the change of IBAN?

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 6:06 pm 

Hi Beauyash,
There is no immediate need to inform Enel etc of any Direct Debits up to the 31st March 2017.
After this date I am not sure what the situation will be and that is why I will be advising Enel of my new BIC and IBAN at the end of this month.
Wical I have contacted and they have sent me a new Direct Debit mandate to fill. I have sent it back to them informing them that the new details won't be valid until after the 28th August.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 6:20 pm 

Hi lifeinitaly,
My IBAN was verified as valid but the MICSITM2 was not identified.
I guess we shall have to wait until the end of the month when all migration of our Barclays accounts will be migrated.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 7:11 am 

Thanks for all this davidnam, as presently in Italy and was trying to get a translation from a pdf copy of the letter, which meant typing a few words into Google translate at a time.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2016, 8:47 am 

davidnam wrote:
Hi lifeinitaly,
My IBAN was verified as valid but the MICSITM2 was not identified.
I guess we shall have to wait until the end of the month when all migration of our Barclays accounts will be migrated.

Hi David

BIC , do not change - this is not created after from Barclays to CheBancha migration-

This is the CheBanca Identification by ABI ( Italian Banks Associations)