InCalabria Property Forum

UK Income Tax help?
Page 1 of 1

Author:  LesleyR [ March 22nd, 2018, 6:05 pm ]
Post subject:  UK Income Tax help?


I'm going to be doing 6 months of work in England. I was wondering how income tax worked over there, and if I will have to pay any? I will only be earning £3500 a month when there but according to this calculator ( I'll be paying tax? Does anyone know more about how tax works in the UK and help me out? Many thanks :)

Author:  davidnam [ March 22nd, 2018, 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Income Tax help?

I presume as in Italy we as UK residents pay on what we earn in a financial year.
UK Tax is based on your net earnings in a financial year ie your earnings less your personal allowance (£11,850 pa), National Insurance contributions and any expenses that are accepted by HMRC (UK Tax Authority). The net figure in your case would be taxed at 20%.
Your employer should sort this out for you and you may be placed on an emergency code and tax taken at a higher rate than you should be paying which you can claim back once you have received a tax code from HMRC..

Author:  Trausco89 [ January 8th, 2019, 7:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Income Tax help?

It is good that you thought about this as it can be a lot different from place you are actually coming from. Even Claim Settlement Ratio differs between countries and companies. Anyways, I am sure you will be able to get good information here.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group